Sunday, June 1, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 6

Today was our  first day off, as well as the first day warmer than 65 degrees. I was pretty thankful on both accounts. Though, we still spent a sizeable amount of time drawing cubes!

Thierry took us all to a Canadian State Park (I guess it would technically be a Provincial Park) along a river with a bunch of hiking trails, forests, and waterfalls. This was a fantastic opportunity to gather foliage and terrain reference photo's as well as finding textures to incorporate into digital painting brushes. 


What a bizarre folke tail. I'd like to turn it into a comic or a series one day.

Do you see the wizard?

We then went to a really unique shaped beach  where everyone else seemed to be 10 times more tan and attractive than me. 
To serve my own ends, I've cropped pretty people out of this photo.

Lastly, my Art of Book of the day was: "My Nieghbor Totoro." This is a fantastic book that I plan on including in my collection one day. There are some really interesting bits where Miyazaki describes the methods of reverse painting on the cells. I often forget that this movie was made before the dawn of super technological animation. The storyboard water colors in this book are also beautiful. You can tell that these guys were masters at composing a shot. Every visual idea is very clear and very well organized.



No comments:

Post a Comment