Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 22: Burgers with Stephen Silver

Yesterday started with the unfortunate realization that I was feeling ill. Very very ill. I believe the appropriate term is the "struggle bus." Regardless, I apologize for missing my post deadline.

I'm just going to pretend that the last 2 days were actually just one really long one. That's what it felt like anyway.

It's my birthday, Woo! I turned 25 and am now a real man. Like a really manly adult like looking man. I celebrated by getting my butt handed to me in Foosball and eating copious amounts of spaghetti.

Class has taken a turn for the traditional now that we've all finished with our characters. We're putting down our styluses and pick up our paint brushes. This week, we'll be working to recreate our concept characters  in acrylic.

I've never worked in acrylics before. So, this should be, uh......interesting.

This is the corner where T keeps all of the Art Supplies. Magiks happen here.



As a bonus reward, Stephen Silver dropped by last night and he'll be staying with us until Thursday! If you didn't know who Stephen Silver is, he's the character Designer responsible for this:


And this:

And also, this:


Having created a pretty substantial amount of my childhood, it was pretty surreal to meet the guy. I also have to say that Stephan is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. HE asked US to show him our portfolios, and asked us about OUR backgrounds and view points. It's weird to have someone of that level stardom act like you're the most interesting person in the room. 

He also has a pretty great youtube channel about working in the industry as a starting artist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs 

All in all. It's going to be an awesome next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment