Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 8: Revenge of the cube heads


The theme of today's class was the human head. More specifically, visualizing the human head as though it were a cube. The dimension are 1 wide by 2 tall by 1 1/2 deep. Thierry made little heads on sticks for us to practice on.

I named my head on a stick Murphy.

This is my head on a stick. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My head on a stick is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My head on a stick, without me, is useless. Without my head on a stick, I am useless.....

You get the Idea. We drew at least 50 of the damn things. I think I clocked out at 75 at about 1-1:30 a.m.


                                     

                                     

Today's art book was for Puss in Boots. Here is another movie that I never saw because I judged it prematurely. I thought "Oh man, I can't believe DreamWorks is going to try and milk a spin off from Shrek." After reading this book, I have changed my mind. The lighting and color compositions for this book is  are incredible. Every image is beautiful. Nathan Fowkes worked on this movie, and he also offers a schoolism course: Designing with Color and Light. It's already booked through next year, but I will certainly take it at the next opening.





No comments:

Post a Comment