Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 23: Eating Franklin and Trying Acrylics

Today we embarked on the journey through "The Acrylic Lands." T's method for traditional painting is very very similar to his approach to digital painting. He said "if the word 'painting' didn't exist, they'd call it edge control." Like 5 times. Still, it's a bit more difficult than that (for me at least). I feel like I'm bargaining with the paint during every stroke. OK, that's a lie. I'm pleading with it.

Either way, Thierry said that my under painting was coming along well.


We aslo got to watch Stephen Silver draw an original in T's Travelling Sketchbook. Stephen also generously offered to give us a lesson on character design tomorrow. Score!

Apparently, the bigger the woman, the more fun she is to draw.

Lastly, T's parent made dinner last night. Holy cow. Grilled duck with bread fried in Duck fat, and tomato mozzarella  basil salad. It was so good that we all had to roll away from the table. I noticed later on that Franklin the Duck was conspicuously absent. Was it worth it? .........Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment