Monday, June 9, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 14: More Boxes than you can handle

We got a ton of homework this weekend, and we all put most of it off until today. I'm sorry to say that it's nothing to exciting. Unless you get inordinately excited about boxes. And then, you're a little weird.

I think we're nearing the end of our study on basic light technique. Hopefully, well move on to color soon.
Here are the 30 minute shape studies that we did. The goal is to paint all of the things that your brain needs to accept something as "real" and match the values as closely as possible in 30 minutes or less.








Past workshops also did  study of Bouguereau's nudes using boxes. "T" stopped assigning this in order to focus a second day on cube heads. Since we're all gluttons for punishment we asked him to assign it on top of the new content. Here is my submission.

Shit, I just realized that I forgot one!

Lastly, my Art book of the day is another one of Stephen Silver's Sketch book. I originally picked it up because it looks exactly like a 11x17 Bristol board sketch pad. I thought an old student left it behind and I could snag it. This book is filled with Stephen's lunch drawings. Lately, I feel like I've become more restrictive with my shape vocabulary when drawing people from life. The sketch book is a breath of fresh and gave me a ton of new ideas to try.




No comments:

Post a Comment