Saturday, May 31, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 5

The Thierry quote of the day~ 1st place: "I would beat the shit out of some zombies"
                                             Runner up: "I just see their heads as cubes wrapped in people faces"

The lesson today was about cubes. T explained how he sees everything in terms on cubes, even cylinders and spheres.
He'd give us images to paint with a time constraint. Our job would be to delineate the planes as if they were cubes.


T then sent us an email posing as a client. Our homework was to answer the email and give him a quote as well as a delivery email for the fictitious job.

The Homework was to do the same exercise with the following 2 images as quickly as we could.



This is my submission. T alluded to the fact that we might be spending too much time on our construction, to the point where we get diminishing returns on our time. SO, I sent my under drawings as well so that he could judge if I did too much.






Lastly, my art of book for the day was "The Incredibles". Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but the book didn't focus much on the design. It was more about the story decisions, and I didn't find it very informative for character design.





No comments:

Post a Comment