Thursday, June 19, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 24: Life Sketching and Poutine with Stephen Silver.

Today Stephen Silver graciously gave us a morning lecture about the art industry, character design, his life, our life, and just about everything in between. It was very very cool. I think it's going to be difficult to go back to the real world and my regular job after spending so much time on art and meeting so many motivated and successful people.

After that, Stephen wanted to see what all the fuss was about concerning some dish in Canada called "Pooh-Teen." See? I bet Stephen Silver reads my blog too.

So, we went to our favourite poutine shack, but my body couldn't handle any more starch/cheese/gravy stomach bombs, so I opted out and did a handful of caricatures of the patrons while we ate.

When we got back, T showed us about the next step in our Acrylic under-painting. Picking out the highlights.


Since my piece is set almost entirely in the light, I could skip this step and move into color. At this point, words cannot express my new found appreciation for digital painting. I think longingly back to my time spent with the color picker and the opacity control. *sigh*




And lastly Franklin the Duck returned. Though, I think our duck dinner left an impression because he brought along his crew Mafioso style. They were quite menacing so we GTFO.



No comments:

Post a Comment