Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 15: Breakfast with Franklin the Duck

The weather here in Montreal keeps getting better and better. I had breakfast with Franklin the Duck while finishing my inking sample for and upcoming anthology.





Here's my finished inking sample. I'm cutting myself off. it seems like this is the type of thing you could spend hours and hours fiddling with and never be finished.



Class today was freaking grind. Since we all submitted so much homework, we spent 6 hours on critiques. Then, we learned about copying the essence of a thing without necessarily copying the thing exactly. For instance, you don't need to copy an exact reference of an apple to paint an apple.  

So, our homework was to paint an apple and which ever of the shapes we felt was our weakest. Mine was a sphere.

Here's my submission.



No comments:

Post a Comment