Friday, June 6, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 11: Painting Realism

I like to start my days at the workshop with a morning bike ride. The Montreal workshop is on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, and it took me 2 weeks to find the nearest town. The scenery here is so peaceful, even on cloudy days. 


We are literally surrounded by cows.



This little creepy character is painted on a bunch of windows here.
I have no clue why.
This old cathedral is smack damn in the middle of town.
This house was built in the early 1800's.
There are a ton of old farmhouses dotting the
country side.
This tree loves asparagus 

Today, T started teaching us about painting photo realistically. There are a list of steps and conditions that you need to satisfy to fool our "dumb dog" brains into thinking that they're real. 

We focused again of painting cubes a spheres.

Reference cube

My cube
Reference sphere
My sphere. *Damn it looks so fake now that I look at it again.

Lastly, my Art book of the day was Kung Fu Panda 2. I had low hopes for this book, because it was for a movie sequel. However, there was a surprisingly large amount of good info in this book. The rigging for the new villain, Lord Shen, was particularly interesting. This is another one that I want to add to my collection.


1 comment:

  1. Just read your workshop story from the beginning. It's fun to get your experience as you go through it. Good job.
    --Bill B

    ReplyDelete