Monday, June 2, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 7

Greetings again from Montreal. Today was another day off, but there was still quite a bit to do. After my morning bike ride, I found this reflection pool right next to the house. The lighting here is so nice that a painting of this place is on my bucket list

However, there is an unholy amount of mosquito here. I saw them lift
 Thierry up off of the ground once, and nearly carried him away.

My Art book of the day was by Stephen Silver. He's the character designer for Kim Possible and Ben 10 among other things. He's also opening up his own independent art school called The Silver Drawing Academy.  One thing that struck me is the attention he pays to his silhouettes. Every single one on every single page is clear and readable. Towards the back of the book are some more figure drawing sketches that are not in Stephen's "trademark style." Those were the most interesting for me.
The most truthful thing that I can say about T is that he loves burgers. We had them for lunch and for dinner....because we're men! And men eat burgers, damn it!

This is the butchers shop that we got our organic grass fed beef. This little guy here was delicious.


Here's a little doodle. It's Link, who is very tired and he has no idea
 how he's supposed to reach the heart on top of this huge block.
I may revisit it and try to make it stronger.

Practice drawing more women

Diana did these great sketches too. I hope she shares her thoughts on feminine heads and faces later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment