Thursday, June 5, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 10: Moving on to contrast

We've finally vanquished the malevolent horde that is the cube heads. Though, I'd bet money we haven't seen the last of them. Actually, I found my self imagining Large office buildings as 1x2x1 1/2 giant heads as we dropped Diana off at the airport. It's a pretty good way to make use of time spent waiting.

We've finally moved into the world of value and contrast studies, which aren't always the same thing. I've also learned that  Bouguereau is the shit! Every time we learn something new, it turns out that he mastered it over 100 years ago. The fact that there were artists who derided late in his career amazes me.

We did 2 contrast studies from him during class.


I know that they don't look the same, but squint your eyes
and moving far away. It's magic.


These are kind of like the "find the sail boat" puzzels. 

Lastly, for our home work, we did 20 more contrast studies from Bouguereau and copied this picture a cube.

The cube provided

My painting of the cube provided

Here's my homework submission





Lastly, my Art book of the day was for mega mind. This is another movie that I wrote off, but now really want to see. There was a lot of thought that went into the narrative that I didn't realize.


No comments:

Post a Comment