Saturday, June 7, 2014

Imaginism Workshop Day 12: Flat Tires, Fast foods, and Drawing Nudes.

Today started off well. I got a flat tire on my morning bike ride about 7 miles out. I guess those Continental Gator Hardshells were worth every penny. So, my bike Flo and I had nice relaxing (long) walk home.

A man and his bike - Happiness
However, the weather looked like something out of movie. The lighting on the quiet neighbouring farms was so nice that I had to stop for a minute and take it all in. 
Unfortunately, the picture doesn't quite do it justice.

During class, he reviewed the essence of spheres and the various ways that they reflect light. Our homework for the weekend is to graduate to cylinders and combinations of shapes, which I'll post when I'm finished. Upon my special request, T gave us extra home work for decomposing Bouguereau's nudes into boxes. Have I mentioned that Thierry love boxes?

T's example

We also went out to the food festival. The first Friday of every months a ton of food trucks in Montreal gather near the old Olympic stadium and people come from all around.

This is my first experience with Canadian Dollars.
They're made of plastic, AND they're see through!
If I didn't know any better, I'd say they weren't actually  money.

This is the old Olympic Stadium
The Food Festival was packed. Tao and I waited in line for 50 minutes to get a cup of Vietnamese noodles! I gave up on waiting, because we were going to miss our movie, but Tao persisted. And so, noodles were had. Thank you Tao.

The crowd at the food truck festival. Rumour has it that there
was a truck selling $80 Poutine!

While we waited, Tao and I got some life drawing in from the people in the crowd. 



Lastly, we saw Maleficent. It was pretty, but the story fell a bit flat for me. Angelina Jolie's new cheek bones screamed at me for the whole movie.











No comments:

Post a Comment