Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Squirrels.....as promised

Last week, I mentioned squirrels. Here they are. See? I'm not a liar.
Gouache

Water Color


Ok, so what is this all about? Am I really obsessed with squirrels? Well, there seems to be an army of them taking over this city.

My Studio, ThoughtWell is in the middle of launching our new site complete with an online store. I've been tasked with coming up with a few posters to sell as prints. I've been coloring digitally, and I thought it might be fun to work on tradition methods. Plus, I really would like a physical "thing" to hold when I'm done.

Last week, I posted acrylics and water color, and this week was water color and gouache (not to be confused with gauche!). I chose squirrels because they are quick and easy subjects for color studies.

The prints won't look anything like this. I might post some line work and inking next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment