Saturday, August 31, 2013

Drawing Fundamentals Week 3: The Power of Perspective


This week, we discussed home to construct large scale scenes and landscapes using 1,2, and 3 point perspective. I thought Thomas's explanation of the different types and rule of perspective was a little difficult to understand. There was just too much to cover in an hour and a half lecture.

I would highly recommend "Perspective for Comic Book Illustrators" by: David Chelsea. He cover's all of the points made by Thomas, but in more concrete terms and in more depth.

The homework this week was picture of the white house. I was little confused why Thomas chose this image because the perspective is muted almost to 1 point perspective. I decided to rotate the image and emphasize the 3rd perspective point in order to increase the challenge and add more drama (which Thomas consistently pings me on). I'm new to painting with straight color, so, this was a bit of an experiment for me. I'm pretty happy with it though.
Reference

My Version

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment